- Mon-Sat 8AM - 8PM
N-159, Model Town
125005 | Gurgaon
- Send your query
Scoliosis Surgery in Delhi
An abnormal or sideways curvature of the spinal cord is defined as scoliosis. It happens mostly just before the time of puberty. Scoliosis can be caused by medical conditions, such as cerebral palsy or muscular dystrophy, but the causes of scoliosis are still unknown. A normal human’s spine shape has curves at both ends, at top of the shoulder and at the lower back. In scoliosis, the patient may have a side to side curves in the shape of an “S” or “C”.
Children are usually diagnosed with scoliosis between the age of 8 years to 10 years and the deformities may become severe at later stages. The common causes of scoliosis are identifiable:
- Congenital (birth defects)
- Neurological abnormalities
- Hereditary conditions
What are the symptoms of scoliosis?
Symptoms of scoliosis in children:
- Uneven shoulders
- Head is not positioned at the center
- One hip is higher than other
- Uneven waist
Symptoms of scoliosis in adults:
- Trouble walking
- Trouble standing straight
- Uneven shoulders
- Fatigue and weakness
- Short breath
- Bump in the lower back region
- Congenital scoliosis - When a person is born with scoliosis, it is known as congenital scoliosis. It occurs when the spine is yet to develop fully in the womb.
- Easy onset scoliosis – It is a condition when a curve appears in your spine before puberty.
- Adolescent idiopathic scoliosis – It happens when children in their growing ages and the changes start in the spine shape. The spine curve sideways and twist, both of the conditions happen at the same time.
- Degenerative scoliosis – It happens in your adulthood and it is mainly caused by the aging and weakness in the bones.
- Neuromuscular scoliosis – The spine curves are caused by neurological or muscular conditions of a person.
- Scheuermann’s kyphosis – It is a condition when the front and back sections of the vertebrae of a person grows at a different pace during their childhood.
- Syndromic scoliosis – A person may experience a sideways curve on their spine and it develops as a part of various syndromic diseases.
Scoliosis treatment in Delhi depends on the complexity and curve of the spine. However, there are two primary scoliosis treatment in Delhi are available.
- If you have more than 25 to 40 degrees of spine curvatures, then you may need the braces. They prevent the further progression of the curve and it is considered as a better method to treat scoliosis that are detected at the early stages. Its effectiveness is based on the number of hours you choose to wear it. On an average, you should wear braces for 16 to 23 hours a day.
Bracing mainly comes in two parts:
- Underarm Brace - It is made up of plastic. It is fitted close to your body that it is not visible to others and also it is fitted around the lower part of your spine to straighten the lower spine curves.
- Milwaukee Brace - It covers your entire torso starting from the neck region, excluding your arms and legs. It is for the areas that are not covered by the underarm brace.
Scoliosis surgery in Delhi is for people who have more than 40 degrees. Scoliosis surgery in India is highly recommended for the people whose daily life is affected by the curvature.
Spinal fusion is the most common type of scoliosis surgery in India. The surgeon fuses vertebrae using rods, bone graft, and screws. The bone grafts are made up of the material similar to bone.
The Scoliosis Surgery Cost in India may vary from $11,000 to $13,000.