- Mon-Sat 8AM - 8PM
N-159, Model Town,
125005 | Gurgaon
- Send your query
Cervical Spine Surgery in India
Neck anatomy is a well-engineered structure of bones, nerves, muscles, ligaments and tendons. The cervical spine (neck) is delicate - housing the spinal cord that sends messages from the brain to control all aspects of the body - while also remarkably flexible, allowing movement in all directions, and strong.
The neck begins at the base of the skull and through a series of seven vertebral segments connects to the thoracic spine (the upper back). With its complex and intricate construct, and the many stresses and force that can be placed on it through a trauma or even just daily activities, the cervical spine is at risk for developing a number of painful conditions, such as:
- Cervical degenerative disc disease
- Cervical herniated disc
- Cervical stenosis
- Cervical osteoarthritis
Click here to Best cervical spine surgeon in Indiaschedule a visit .
Roles and Functionalities - Cervical Spine Surgery in India
The cervical spine maintains several crucial roles, including:
- Housing and protecting the spinal cord: A bundle of nerves that extends from the brain and runs through the cervical spine surgery in India and thoracic spine (upper and middle back) prior to ending just before the lumbar spine (lower back), the spinal cord relays messages from the brain to the rest of the body.
- Supporting the head and its movement: The cervical spine literally shoulders a big load, as the head weighs on average between 10 and 13 pounds. In addition to supporting the head, the cervical spine allows for the head’s flexibility, including rotational, flexion/extension and lateral bending motions.
- Facilitating flow of blood to the brain: Vertebral openings (vertebral foramen) in the cervical spine provide a passageway for vertebral arteries to pass and ensure proper blood flow to the brain. These openings are present only in the vertebrae of the cervical spine surgery in India.
Best Doctor of Cervical spine surgery in Indiaschedule a visit
The cervical vertebrae are composed of cylindrical bones (vertebral bodies) that lie in front of the spinal cord, and work with the muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons to provide support, structure and stabilization to the neck.
The first cervical vertebra is unique in that it is a ring that rotates around the second vertebral body (the odontoid). The cervical vertebrae closest to the skull are the smallest. All of the cervical vertebrae are smallerthan the vertebrae in the thoracic spine (upper back) and the lumbar spine (lower back).
Stacked on top of each other with a cervical disc in between them, the cervical vertebrae provide strength and structure to the cervical spine and support the head. The cervical vertebrae also provide for structure and control of certain types of movement in the neck (with the movement described in terms of the two vertebral bodies that are connected), including:
Rotation (moving the head from side to side). Most rotation of the neck takes place in the first two segments of the cervical spine, specifically the atlas (C1) and the axis (C2).
Flexion (moving the head forward) and extension (moving the head backward). Most flexion and extension movements in the neck are controlled by the C5-C6 and C6-C7 segments of the spine. Unlike the first two cervical vertebrae, the remaining five cervical vertebrae, C3 through C7, are constructed more similarly to the rest of the spine, with three joints making up each vertebral segment (a disc in the front and two facets joints in the back).
A bone spur (medically known as an osteophyte) describes an enlargement of the facet joints, the small stabilizing joints that are located between and behind the adjacent cervical vertebrae. Bone spurs are smooth structures that can grow on the bones and tend to occur in adults over 60 years of age.
Patients with cervical bone spurs may or may not have symptoms, which could include neck pain and/or referred pain and weakness in the arms and the legs. For example, patients with cervical bone spurs may experience dull neck pain that occurs when standing. In some instances, the pain may be referred to the shoulders or prompt headaches.
However, it must be emphasized that the presence of bone spurs in and of themselves does not necessarily mean this is what is generating a patient’s pain. Most bones spurs are simply radiographic findings indicating a patient has degeneration in the neck.
Bone spurs may form as the result of cervical osteoarthritis, a condition marked by degeneration and breakdown of the cartilage between the facet joints in the cervical spine surgery in India. With cervical osteoarthritis (also known as cervical arthritis), different symptoms may occur, such as pain that:
- Refers to the shoulder or between the shoulder blades.
- Feels worse at certain times of the day (early in the morning, late at night).
- Calms with rest.
- Rarely requiring surgery (such as when there is a vertebral fracture in the neck), cervical osteoarthritis is typically treated via rest, pain medications, chiropractic and/or traction.
Do you Know the Cervical spine surgery cost in Indiaschedule a visit
Cervical degenerative disc disease refers to when a cervical disc is the actual source of pain in the neck, possibly from twisting or falling on the neck but more likely from day-to-day wear and tear on the cervical spine. Cervical symptoms related to a degenerative cervical disc may include a stiff neck and/or numbness, tingling, and weakness in the neck, arms, and shoulders as a result of a cervical nerve that has been irritated or pinched by the degeneration. Such cervical symptoms may persist for several months and fluctuate in terms of intensity. Degenerative Cervical Disc Treatments:
- Neck Exercises
- Chiropractic Manipulation
- Cervical Spine Surgery in India
The Cervical spine surgery cost in India varies with the hospitals and on the type of surgery. We have a well-equipped facility with the latest and advanced technologies. Dr. Vijay Gupta
is a Best cervical spine surgeon in India.
We at VK Neurocare India provide the best spine surgery solutions and the Best cervical spine surgeon in India with the highest service level and that is delivered conveniently to you with cost- effectiveness.